MUSEUM SHOP SUNDAY
Tid og sted
Museum Shop Sunday (MSS) is an international annual event celebrating the shops and products which play a vital role in helping arts, culture and heritage attractions to thrive. In 2019, MSS will run across USA, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Last year 1,044 museums across 15 countries took part, and now Scandinavia has been invited to join this global campaign!
The key visitor and general public messages are that cultural shops offer:
● Original, Design-led Shopping - museum and gallery shops now offer designer homeware and exclusive gifts that cannot be found anywhere else, including quirky bespoke ranges, beautiful gift books and ethically sourced items. Christmas shopping dilemmas solved in one go!
● Shopping with a Conscience - by shopping at your local museum, gallery or cultural attraction, you are actively contributing to its future sustainability and success. You’re also helping to support small businesses, independent suppliers and artisan makers.
● A Meaningful Experience - a fun and relaxing shopping experience (the very opposite of Black Friday which falls on the same weekend).
Here are the three key reasons why Museum Shop Sunday will benefit your organisation:
● Boost income - in 2018 participants reported increases of up to 68% in sales, 55% in visitors and 49% in average transaction value.
● Attract new audiences - an opportunity to showcase products and cultural venues to new customers. Museum Shop Sunday also provides a new way for staff to interact with existing and potential customers both in-house and online.
● Boost awareness - increase an organization’s media coverage and social engagement by being part of an international campaign.
Join us and boost Nordic culture while at the same driving traffic to your Museum site, generating income and most important of all have fun with your colleagues and get creative with other museums!
JOIN THE FUN - IT'S FREE !
Want to hear more about how it works? Contact our Scandinavian coordinator Hannah Walsh on firstname.lastname@example.org.